Welcome to the Galapagos Conservation Trust’s Galapagos Photography Competition Terms and Conditions.
1. Images must be taken within the Galapagos Archipelago. This includes all land area, and extends out to the 40 Nm boundary of the Galapagos Marine Reserve.
2. Each entrant may enter up to 10 photos in any of the categories listed.
3. Any photos that have previously been entered in a GCT photo competition are ineligible.
4. Submissions must be received by midnight on the 7 June 2021.
5. Images must be digital, with a file size greater than 2MB and at least 1600 pixels on the shortest edge. Each photo must be a high resolution image (preferably 300 dpi but no less than 150 dpi). If you are not sure how large your image is, then check its properties on your computer or get in touch with us. The maximum file size is 7MB. All images must be .jpg format. Entrants may be asked to supply the original photo should they make it to the shortlisted round. The competition organisers and judges reserve the right to exclude any image that does not meet these requirements.
Please enter the competition by completing a Photography Competition Entry Form online.
6. Each image file must be labelled with your name and the species and/or location of the photo. For example, the file name might be “Joe_Bloggs_Land_Iguana_Santa_Cruz”.
7. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be considered for the final round. Acceptable are adjustments to colour, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; black and white conversions. Not acceptable are photo composites (combination of two or more photos, not of the same scene); the addition, duplication, deletion or moving of objects in the photos; or the use of artistic digital filters and effects. The competition organisers and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity. Photographs should also be free of any credits/watermarks.
8. Photographers retain the copyright of any entered photos. Your entry into this photography competition constitutes your agreement to grant the Galapagos Conservation Trust (a) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display the photographs you submit to the Galapagos Conservation Trust, for use in any Galapagos Conservation Trust publication or webpage related to the Photographic Competition, and to be used in Galapagos Conservation Trust promotions, including, but not limited to, advertising future photographic competitions, publications from GCT or other organisations, exhibitions, future marketing materials and campaigns, webpages, email bulletins; and (b) the right to use your name, occupation, city, state and country of residence in any publication. We will endeavour to ensure that your images are always duly credited but are unable to take responsibility should your name be omitted.
9. All entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe on the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole copyright in all photographs entered.
10. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the competition organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolutes discretion if the organisers have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
11. A list of winners will appear on the website. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The competition is open to anyone except GCT employees and competition judges. Amateur and professional photographers of any nationality are eligible.
Privacy and your personal data