Leaving a gift in your Will to Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) is one way in which you can have a direct impact on Galapagos for years to come as it will help us continue our vital work securing a brighter future for its wildlife and habitats. It’s also a valuable and touching way to ensure your passion for the Archipelago lives on.
As a charity we rely on the goodwill of our supporters to help protect Galapagos for future generations. The more help you can give us, the more work we can do. Whether you choose to leave a legacy gift towards a particular conservation project, or one that aids projects that are most in need at the time, you can be sure that your gift will be spent wisely and will help support vital conservation in the Galapagos Islands.
Making a Will
Making a Will doesn’t have to be costly or complicated. We have put together a guide you can download here to help you understand some of the terminology used and the different ways you can support our conservation work. To have an informal chat about supporting GCT in this way, please call Mike Crossley on 020 7399 7440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No amount of money can ever replace a lost loved one but fundraising for a special cause can help give some meaning and purpose at an otherwise difficult time. We have been moved and inspired by the kind actions people have taken to remember someone special. Please email us if you need any advice about raising funds in memory of a loved one.
The importance of legacies
Here are just some of the projects that legacies are helping to fund:
- Restoring large areas of land, so that the precious birds and animals of Galapagos have more chance of survival – such as the Floreana restoration project we are currently undertaking.
- Finding solutions to create a Plastic Pollution Free Galapagos.
- Strengthening efforts to expand the Galapagos Marine Reserve and protect endangered sharks.
- Communicating the conservation lessons learned in Galapagos, providing a model for other threatened areas in the world.
- Increasing the world’s population of critically endangered mangrove finches.
- Supporting world-leading scientific research into the unique biodiversity of the Archipelago.
- Enabling development of education tools to engage children and help train future conservation ambassadors for the Islands.
- Supporting the sustainable development of the Islands’ communities.
- Protecting Galapagos’ marine life from the threats of illegal fishing and pollution.
Thank you for thinking of Galapagos Conservation Trust
We appreciate that leaving a gift in your Will is very personal and many people may wish to keep this private. However, if you have decided to remember GCT in your Will, we would welcome the opportunity to thank you and to answer any questions you may have, either about the legacy, or about Galapagos conservation in general. For further information, or to speak to someone about making or updating your Will, call 020 7399 7440 or email email@example.com.
Whether making a donation today, or leaving a legacy for tomorrow, please support Galapagos Conservation Trust in raising funds for the long term future of this most iconic and special part of our beautiful planet.William Darwin, great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin