There are no staff vacancies at this time. Please keep checking back or sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news from the Trust.
Opportunities in Galapagos
Although Galapagos Conservation Trust does run and fund projects in Galapagos, we do not place volunteers or research students abroad. To find out more about volunteering in Galapagos please contact the Galapagos National Park or the Charles Darwin Foundation directly. If you would like to discuss current GCT projects with one of our team then please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central London (Oxford Circus)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proof reading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist the Communications and Marketing team with promoting our work and campaigns. You would be undertaking a range of tasks including creating compelling visual and written content, and researching opportunities to promote our raffle and events. There is also potential that the successful candidate could assist at events and with other duties. This role would suit someone who could commit to one day a week in the long term, either from home (with occasional meetings at the London office) or in our busy and friendly office in central London. This will be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience creating materials for real causes, and allow you to update your creative portfolio.
Tasks will include:
- Research, develop and promote to new audiences for our marketing activities, such as our annual raffle and events
- Help to compile footage into videos for our website and social media channels
- Help to create compelling visual and written content for our online communications channels for marketing activities such as our raffle
- Potential to assist with other communications and marketing activities such as writing copy for our website or helping with events
- You must have good written and verbal communications skills
- Some experience in communications or marketing
- Some knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Basic video editing skills, or willingness to learn
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Be able to work alone, using your own initiative, and as part of a team
- Have excellent attention to detail
- An interest in conservation and the environment is preferable
- Flexible person able to take part in a number of different tasks
- If working from home, access to Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
The successful candidate should be available to support GCT for at least six hours a week, either in the office in central London or from home. If you would rather work from home, you must be able to travel into London occasionally to meet with the Communications and Marketing team. Ideally you will be able to start in January 2019. Preference will be given to candidates that can commit on an ongoing basis and are willing to be flexible in their volunteer hours.
This is an unpaid position, but we can cover travel and lunch expenses up to £10 per day if travelling into the office.
General Volunteer Enquiry Form