Salary: £20-23k per annum
Location: GCT Offices, Central London (with working from home due to COVID-19)
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: midnight Sunday 18 April 2021
Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) is looking for an Operations Officer to join our busy, friendly team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will have an essential and diverse role supporting the operations and administration of a ~£1m charity, which has ambitions to grow. You will support the Head of Finance through financial book-keeping and implementation of our HR policies, including a new environmental policy and diversity action plan. You will be the first point of contact for all enquiries and will be responsible for the smooth running and effective administration of the GCT office. Through our HR and wellness function, you will ensure the team feel connected to the cause and are supported in their roles. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we implement a new three-year strategy, which includes expanding the team and growing our income through increased programme activities and securing larger, institutional grants.
What we want
- An experienced person with a high level of organisational ability with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a friendly and open approach
- A strong member of the team who will be responsive to the changing demands of a growing organisation
- A passion for conservation and the natural world and knowledge of working in the charity sector
- Excellent IT skills including ability to use all Microsoft Office Programmes to a high level of proficiency
- Some experience in financial processes, reception work, office administration, IT and HR
What you will get
- Support from the Head of Finance and other staff as appropriate
- Opportunities for training (where appropriate)
- A connection with cutting edge conservation projects in the planet’s first World Heritage Site, the Galapagos Islands and the surrounding Galapagos Marine Reserve
- To be part of a committed team which is supported by a fully engaged Board of Trustees
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining how you meet the key requirements of the role and your motivation for applying.
Closing Date: midnight on Sunday 18 April 2021. We will be undertaking rolling shortlisting and interviewing for this role so the advert may close early if the vacancy is filled before this date.
Thank you for your interest.
If you wish to be kept up to date with our vacancies, please sign up to our newsletter or keep revisiting this page.
Opportunities in Galapagos
Although Galapagos Conservation Trust does run and fund projects in Galapagos, we do not place volunteers or research students abroad. To find out more about volunteering in Galapagos please contact the Galapagos National Park or the Charles Darwin Foundation directly. If you would like to discuss current GCT projects with one of our team then please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central London (Oxford Circus)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proofreading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
General Volunteer Enquiry Form