Thank you for your interest. We don’t currently have any vacancies.
If you wish to be kept up to date with our vacancies, please sign up to our newsletter or keep revisiting this page.
Opportunities in Galapagos
Although Galapagos Conservation Trust does run and fund projects in Galapagos, we do not place volunteers or research students abroad. To find out more about volunteering in Galapagos please contact the Galapagos National Park or the Charles Darwin Foundation directly. If you would like to discuss current GCT projects with one of our team then please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
Central London (Borough)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proofreading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
Blue Carbon Volunteer
This is an exciting opportunity for those interested in climate and specifically the carbon offsetting market. We are looking for a talented individual to help shape our perspective on the emerging Blue Carbon offsetting market and assess the opportunities to create Blue Carbon calculations. This will support our ocean conservation programmes in the Galapagos Marine Reserve, where we are working to protect marine megafauna and reduce overfishing.
Initial market research and analysis on the development of the Blue Carbon market, including key players in the NGO sector, established best practice, examples of standout corporate/NGO partnerships was undertaken during 2021. This role will build on that work.
- Creation of Blue Carbon calculations for different marine species in Galapagos, and how likely this can be presented in a validated way. Indicative calculations are likely to be based on studies elsewhere. Calculations should be able to provide an amount of carbon sequestered as well as the economic value of a species (or habitat).
- Development of market attractiveness and risk assessment, with recommendations on whether this can support a focused growth strategy for GCT.
- MIM/ MBA – with 2+ years work experience
- Ability to translate scientific information into financial calculations
- A strategy consultancy or research background in a related function would be useful
- Competencies: Analytical, financial acumen, detail oriented, good communicator and self-starter
- Initial engagement of 1 month
- Remote with flexible arrangement on time
- Stipend of £1,500 – £2,000 per month dependent on experience
- Closing date: 31 August 2022
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Volunteer Enquiry Form
Volunteer Application Form