Trusts Fundraising Officer
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your trust fundraising career and help protect one of Earth’s greatest treasures?
We at the Galapagos Conservation Trust are searching for a Trusts Fundraising Officer to support us to generate income and cultivate relationships with a portfolio of trusts to further our mission of conserving the Galapagos Islands. We are a small and friendly team based in central London and would love to hear from you if you think you may be a good fit.
Salary bracket: £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience.
Key duties within this role will include:
- Identify, research, apply for and secure funding opportunities from trusts and foundations working towards an annual departmental budget of £245,000
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of Trusts and Foundations ensuring that records are well maintained
- Support other streams of major donor fundraising e.g. through proposal writing
- Thank donors promptly and appropriately and support project reporting where necessary
- Provide support for the management of our project portfolio
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Two years of trust fundraising experience
- A positive can-do attitude and ability to deliver excellent quality of work under time pressure
- Excellent communication skills: written, face-to-face and on the phone
- Experience of researching trusts and approaching new contacts
To Apply: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: your CV, a completed GCT application form (link below) and a one page cover letter detailing why you would like to work with GCT as our Trusts Fundraising Officer.
Closing Date: 11pm, Wednesday 17 January 2018. Interviews are expected to take place during the week commencing 22 January.
Download the full job description
Download the application form
Thank you for your interest in our role!
Opportunities in Galapagos
Although Galapagos Conservation Trust does run and fund projects in Galapagos, we do not place volunteers or research students abroad. To find out more about volunteering in Galapagos please contact the Galapagos National Park or the Charles Darwin Foundation. If you would like to discuss current GCT projects with one of our team then please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
Central London (Oxford Circus)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proof reading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
GCT does not have any volunteer roles currently available but if you would like to express your interest in volunteering then please fill out our application form below. We will keep your details on our system for up to 12 months and will email you if a suitable volunteer role within our team comes available. Please note that due to high demand we are unable to answer all volunteer requests.