Communications and Membership Assistant
Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) is looking for a Communications and Membership Assistant to join our friendly and busy office in central London. As the Communications and Membership Assistant you will be an essential part of the team, promoting and raising awareness of Galapagos in the UK through GCT’s website, social media, newsletters and general communications; and provide a high level of support for the members of GCT through providing a good membership experience which includes administration of our membership subscriptions and supporting a number of events each year to engage and grow the Trust’s membership and audiences.
What we want
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong IT skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy including an outstanding level of confidentiality
- A strong member of the team, with the ability to communicate effectively and willingness to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time
- A passion for conservation and the natural world and knowledge of working in the charity sector
What you’re responsible for
- Production of the e-newsletter, blogs, social media and other online activities
- Efficient processing of merchandise orders and new membership applications
- Administration of membership processes and co-ordination of in-house mailings
- Supporting the membership database ensuring records are kept up to date and accurate
- Updating the content of GCT’s websites
- Support general communications including the biannual ‘Galapagos Matters’ magazine, appeal and other promotional literature/campaigns as well as co-ordination of media library
- Support event logistics
- Experience in communications and administration
- Knowledge of general fundraising and event organisation
- Experience in working for a small team
What you will get
- Opportunities to develop your skills
- A connection with cutting edge conservation projects in the planet’s first World Heritage Site, the Galapagos Islands and the surrounding Galapagos Marine Reserve
- Opportunities to benefit from professional external training to support further development where relevant and feasible
- Support from a fully engaged staff team
To apply for this role, please send a CV, completed application form and a covering letter (max. 1 page) explaining how you meet the key requirements of the role and your motivation for applying.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 24 July 2017. First interviews are expected to take place week commencing 31 July. Thank you for your interest.
Opportunities in Galapagos
Although Galapagos Conservation Trust does run and fund projects in Galapagos, we do not place volunteers or research students abroad. To find out more about volunteering in Galapagos please contact the Galapagos National Park or the Charles Darwin Foundation. If you would like to discuss current GCT projects with one of our team then please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
Central London (Oxford Circus)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proof reading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
GCT does not have any volunteer roles currently available but if you would like to express your interest in volunteering then please fill out our application form below. We will keep your details on our system for up to 12 months and will email you if a suitable volunteer role within our team comes available. Please note that due to high demand we are unable to answer all volunteer requests.