Welcome to the Galapagos Conservation Trust’s Galapagos Photography Competition! Please read on to find out how the competition is judged, and what you might win.
A selection of the best images from each category will be shortlisted by GCT staff and then passed onto our panel of expert judges. The judges will consider the originality, composition, clarity, technical excellence, overall impact and artistic merit of each the shortlisted images. They will then select an overall winning and runner-up image of the competition, as well as a winner and runner-up in each of the categories.
Following an announcement of the winners, there will be a Public’s Choice vote. This will include all of the winners and runners-up as well as some of the shortlisted images. The public will then get the opportunity to vote for their favourite.
The overall winner of the competition will receive:
- Two tickets to GCT’s Galapagos Day 2019 event on October 30
- A year’s free membership to GCT
- A copy of GCT’s 2020 calendar
- Their winning image included in the 2020 calendar (if landscape)
- Their winning image featured online and in the competition display at Galapagos Day
The winner of each category will receive a copy of GCT’s 2020 calendar.
The overall winner of the Young Photographer competition will receive:
- An animal adoption of their choice
- A copy of GCT’s 2019 calendar
- Their winning image will be featured online and in the competition display at Galapagos Day
The winning and runner-up images for each category will also appear on GCT’s website and in the competition display at Galapagos Day.
If you don’t win, don’t worry! Your image may still make it into our 2020 calendar!
Announcing the winners
Winners will be announced at the earliest date possible after the competition closes. Please bear in mind that our judges travel a lot for work and may be in the field for extended periods of time. We therefore ask your patience on this announcement. The winning and runner-up images for each category will appear on the website and the photographers will be notified by email.