Who we are
Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) was founded in 1995, and is the only UK charity working solely for the conservation of the Galapagos Islands. The incredible diversity of wildlife found in Galapagos is what makes this volcanic Archipelago so very special, and our work aims to promote the conservation of endangered species found on Darwin’s Enchanted Isles.
Galapagos Conservation Trust is a UK registered charity (No.1043470) and a company limited by guarantee (No. 3004112).
Our Vision is of the unique nature and beauty of the Galapagos Archipelago conserved, sustained and protected in perpetuity.
The Trust supports, develops and promotes projects that achieve measurable conservation, sustainable living, and protection of the environment of Galapagos.
Our Strategy 2020-2022
Our four Strategic Objectives focus on:
- Increasing our impact through three programme themes: Restoring Habitats, Protecting Species and Driving Sustainable Solutions;
- Driving income growth through a major gift strategy;
- Investing in our organisation by growing our staff team;
- Developing our communications strategy.
By focusing on three core pillars of activity, we will work to protect the unique species of the Archipelago such as the giant tortoise; restore the Islands’ natural habitat, with a key focus on Floreana; and provide sustainable solutions by ridding the Islands of plastic pollution. Spanning all three pillars is our commitment to eradicating invasive species, tackling climate change impacts and engaging people & communities through our education and outreach work.
- Professional – We always retain integrity, honesty and respect for each other and those we encounter.
- Creative – We have a mix of individuals with different skills and are open to new ideas. We find new and innovative ways to talk about our projects and fundraise for them.
- Performance-driven – We strive to meet our mission. We ensure our programmes are impactful through clear planning with measurable results.
- Celebratory – We take pride in what we deliver, and our supporters should too. No matter if they are big or small, we celebrate our learnings and successes. We make sure to communicate our successes to our supporters.
- Open & Inclusive – We are one team and value all our supporters, partners, staff and volunteers. We are respectful and transparent in the way we act and operate.
- Flexible –We are open to new and exciting opportunities and new ways of doing things. We understand that not every problem can be solved the same way and so are adaptable and agile with our solutions.
We never underestimate how important our supporters are, without you we simply would not be able to help protect Galapagos. All of our staff and any agencies that work for us adhere to the strictest of fundraising guidelines, ensuring our fundraising practices are legal, open, honest and respectful of your wishes and privacy.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are committed to the standards set out in the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice which are designed to protect your interests as a donor.
In return for your support, we promise to:
- Uphold the highest standards in fundraising – we’ll never sell your data to other companies or charities, and we’ll never use pushy, intrusive or aggressive fundraising techniques that puts you under undue pressure to donate.
- Be transparent – we conduct our fundraising with transparency, we never blur the truth, and we spend the money we raise through fundraising on the projects we set out to. We will keep our regular donors up to date with news about GCT projects and appeals.
- Spend your donations well – we’ll be open about how we raise money and how it is spent. In 2020-21, for every £1 you gave we spent 89p on conservation in Galapagos, and the rest on fundraising and admin.
- Communicate with you how you want – we’ll make it easy for you to choose how you hear from Galapagos Conservation Trust. If you ask us not to contact you, we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement. You can change how we communicate with you at any time.
- Value your time – for everyone who gives us their time to fundraise, volunteer or campaign, we promise to value your skills and your views so that you can help in a way that suits you.
- Listen to and resolve any complaints – we have a complaints procedure (available on request in writing) where we listen and respond to any feedback respectfully, and we monitor and report on complaints to trustees.
- Respect your rights and privacy – in accordance with data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679; the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR); the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and all relevant UK data protection legislation.
We encourage any supporters with questions or enquiries about our fundraising to contact us on 0207 399 7440 or by emailing email@example.com. If you would like to find out more about our commitments you can visit the Fundraising Promise as set out by the Fundraising Regulator.